At the Acupuncture & Skin Care Clinic in Ormond Beach, we take your health seriously. We are dedicated to helping each and every one of our clients manage and relieve pain through the natural power of acupuncture. For centuries, acupuncture therapy has provided safe, holistic, and natural relief for a variety of physical ailments from migraines to gastrointestinal disorders, menopause to arthritis, and much more.
We passionately treat patients from the Ormond Beach, Port Orange, and Daytona Beach areas with Acupuncture, Massage Therapy, Reflexology, Chiropractic Care, and other wonderful holistic, natural methods for pain relief and overall wellness. How can we help you?
Natural Pain Relief with Acupuncture
Acupuncture is one of the essential therapies in traditional Chinese medicine. It helps our body heal and repair injured muscles, ligaments, and joints by balancing structures, increasing oxygen intake, promoting blood flow, and reducing inflammation around the injured area.
Our acupuncturist, Dr. Lorenzo Phan, is highly educated and experienced in performing acupuncture therapy. For more than 15 years, he has provided exceptional care throughout the Volusia County area, and is dedicated to assisting patients live their best lives.
If you’ve never received acupuncture before, you probably have many questions about what to expect leading up to your first visit. Below, you will find information about acupuncture therapy and the answers to many common questions:
- What is acupuncture? Acupuncture is the insertion of small, thin needles at specific points on the body to stimulate and produce your body’s natural endorphins to treat pain, anxiety, depression, and more.
- Does acupuncture hurt? Typically, most people simply feel slight tingling or even a minor dull ache around the area where the acupuncture needle has been inserted, but the process is not painful.
- Are there side effects from acupuncture? Some people experience light bruising or tenderness around the areas where the needle was inserted, while others have no side effects at all, as every person reacts differently. Your acupuncturist will educate you on the possible side effects you may experience based on your health and condition.
- What conditions are treated with acupuncture? This form of holistic medicine is used to treat a variety of chronic and acute illnesses, as well as manage the painful side effects of other medicinal therapies, such as pharmaceutical or cancer treatments.
- How often should I get acupuncture? Acupuncture treatments can be given multiple times per week, or as little as once per month, and depends mainly on what you are receiving treatment for. Your acupuncturist can help you decide the most effective schedule for your condition.
To learn more about our relaxing and pain relieving acupuncture therapy call 386-615-1203, or fill out an online request form, and one of our doctors will be in touch with you shortly!